Saturday, April 14, 2007

Frenchy Sushi Lunch Victory, or, More Than the Sum of Its Parts

J & I are big omelet fans, but today I had an even better idea: on a whole wheat tortilla, an egg platform (the omelet, but not folded over), with nice parmesan cheese or soy gouda, depending on one's lactose tolerance. Then steamed asparagus, avocado, and a sprinkling of salt and paprika. Wrapped up, it looks kind of like the green fuji sushi rolls we get from our local Japanese takeout place (which contain tamago, inari, avo, and something brown and sweet-ish). I thought about taking a picture of it to post, but was way too hungry and excited about eating it to even take the time to do that.

In other news, tonight I'm going to see Anne Elise play qanun with a group in the East Village--should be fun, but that means I have to do my taxes this fine sunny afternoon. Time to gird my loins (or whatever body part one uses at tax time) and get to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO good.